Jacquelyn H.
Topic: Skin Cancer
Essential Question: What is the best way to treat skin cancer?

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Blog 4: Presentation Reflection

In what way did the first interview affect your presentation?  Please explain, be specific and use an example.
  • It gave me a better description of radiation therapy. It wasn't just a text book explanation that was hard to comprehend, let alone explaining it to an entire room full of students. Thus, I was able to describe radiation therapy successfully to the students.
  • It gave a brief outline of what I want to present in my presentation, following the format of how Mrs. Griffin presented her info to me during our interview.
  • It allowed me to see what was "useless" info when I was interviewing Mrs. Griffin. She had a lot of info that was too much for an overview interview of radiation therapy. Thus, I had a better understanding of what was useful info to use for the first presentation.
What you say stood out about your presentation performance and why?
  • The use of my vusual (skin cancer picture) and my connection from radiation therapy, chemo, and surgery. 
  • Calling on random students to encourage participation.
What challenges did you faced and why?
  • During the presentation, it was difficult to move around due to the projector. Standing in one place makes it difficult for the audience to stay engaged.
  • Trying to pick a topic to discuss that would be "easy" to present within 5 minutes, while keeping the audience engaged and understanding to your topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment