Jacquelyn H.
Topic: Skin Cancer
Essential Question: What is the best way to treat skin cancer?

Monday, September 5, 2011

Blog 1: Senior Project Topic

Topic: Radiation Therapy - a form of cancer treatment that uses radiation (strong beams of energy) to kill cancer cells or keep them from growing and dividing.

Why Radiation Therapy?
My reason is not because I have family members who has cancer, nor does any of my friends. I simply see the personal satisfaction of being able to help patients who may be going through the toughest battle of their life. Cancer specifically because the fight seems and feels more realistic and surreal (sort of like watching sports and seeing the players go through pain and sweat to reach the championship and the glory) when I see patients go through their treatments.


What do you hope to accomplish after studying this topic all year?
1. A satisfying yet sufficient career
2. Hopefully I can start opening doors for myself within this field (Radiation therapy)
3. To truly see if this is the career that I want to spend the rest of my life studying and working for
4. The best way to approach to becoming a radiation therapist
5. To see what else is out there that is similar to radiation therapy if I decided to change my path of career

I hope to have a better understanding about radiation therapy and the process of the treatment for patients with cancer. Hopefully, I can find foundations throughout senior year that helps the research of cancer to participate in/with as I continue to study radiation therapy. While I strive to not only obtain a good grade to my senior project, I can also prove to myself that I am very much capable of setting a goal and step-by-step reaching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment