Jacquelyn H.
Topic: Skin Cancer
Essential Question: What is the best way to treat skin cancer?

Monday, April 30, 2012

Blog 25: Service Learning


LIA Response to blog:
    Literal
·       Log of specific hours with a total and a description of your duties
The log is located on the right hand side of the blog. I worked 110 hours this year.   I mainly worked in two different areas, the ER and the front entrance area. 

·       Contact Name & Number
(626) 579-7777  Mary K. in the volunteer office

    Interpretive
    What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?

I experienced the hospital environment and connected with different people in different jobs at the hospital.   I realized after the 110 hours and some interviews in local oncology groups in the area, I prefer the smaller oncology groups versus the daily feel of the hospital.  

   Applied
  How did what you did help you answer your EQ?  Please explain.

Except for getting contacts to talk to, El Monte Hospital sent patients with cancer to other hospitals or offices, so I really didn't get much direct experience in helping me answer my EQ.   I did get contacts with radiologist and an oncology group located in West Covina.  I did learn much about the hospital environment which prepares me for a future career in the medical field.  

No comments:

Post a Comment