Jacquelyn H.
Topic: Skin Cancer
Essential Question: What is the best way to treat skin cancer?

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Blog 23: Junior Interview


Interview: Stephany Huynh
Date: April 18, 2012


(1) What ideas do you have for your senior project and why?

For my senior project, I was debating between two topics: Autism teaching or computer engineering.  I ended up choosing autism because I am actually considering this as a career.
Feedback: I suggested to her that she do something that interests her but also something that helps her pick a major in college. 
(2) What do you plan to do to complete the 10 hours of service learning (working with an expert) which is due prior to senior year starting?  Note: They also have to complete the 50 hours during the school year.

So, I’ve gone to a meeting with the vice principal at East San Gabriel PAU.  I plan on starting before the school year ends.   However, when I went to the meeting Mr. Hollings (vice-principal) told me he will email a teacher and he will give me a call. 
Feedback: I suggested to her to not be reserved, participate as much as possible and ask questions. 
(3) What do you hope to see or expect to see when watching the class of 2012 present their two hour presentations?
I hope that I see different ways to manage time when presenting so that I can learn them.   I also want to learn about different careers in case something else spikes my interest for my senior project.
Feedback: I suggested she participate in and ask questions about all the projects she sees to get a feel for what they are doing.
(4) What questions do they have about senior project?  What additional recommendations would you give the 2013 student about senior project?  Be specific and note what you told them.
Should I join a club or ASB?  Do colleges look at this?
What additional recommendations did you give them?
Feedback 1: Be sure to stand out in the bigger components (2-hour, service learning, independent components, science, i-search, 3-column, 4th interview)
Feedback 2: Stay current on research and use research checks effectively

Feedback 3:  I suggested to my sister to join ASB or start my own club.   I also told her to get involved with as many activities as possible senior year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment