Jacquelyn H.
Topic: Skin Cancer
Essential Question: What is the best way to treat skin cancer?

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Blog 17: Fourth Interview Questions

I have already completed a 20 question interview with Darren Griffen, a radiation therapist.  I have a second interview arranged on February 23rd with a nurse who works in an oncology department.   I plan to ask her 20 questions also.   I am also looking for one more interview for March.  I have contacted the City of Hope, UCLA and a few other places.  

1. What is the best way to treat skin cancer?
2. How does radiation therapy help treat skin cancer?  
3. What experiences have you had with working with patients with skin cancer?
4. What experiences have you had with working with patients with other types of cancer?
5. What does a typical day at work like?
6.  How many patients do you see a day?  For how long? 
7.  What experiences have you had with Basal cell carcinoma?
8.  What experiences have you had with Squamous cell carcinoma?
9.  What experiences have you had with Cutaneous lymphomas?
10. What experiences have you had with Kaposi sarcoma?
11.  What experiences have you had with Merkel cell carcinoma?
12.  What is the process for a new patient with skin cancer?
13. How does the radiation therapy work or it is given?
14. Who will be responsible for my radiation treatment?
15. How long will each treatment take?  How is treating skin cancer compared to other types of cancer?
16. How many sessions does a patient see you?
17. What side effects can I expect?
18. What side effects should I report to the doctor?
19. What are my alternative treatments?
20. What do you suggest I eat during radiation treatments?
21.  What do I put on my skin if I get "burned" by the treatments?


No comments:

Post a Comment