Jacquelyn H.
Topic: Skin Cancer
Essential Question: What is the best way to treat skin cancer?

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Blog 16: Independent Component 2 Plan Approval


TITLE:  Independent Component 2 Plan Approval
LABEL: Independent Component
DUE DATE:  Friday 2-17 by 8AM
CONTENT:
 (1) Write a description of what you plan on doing for your independent study component.

I plan to complete an additional 30 hours of service learning at El Monte Hospital.  I also plan to take a minimum of one more college class. I will take either the next level Math course (preparation for Calculus) or Biology or both before I graduate. 

(2) Describe in detail how you think your plan will meet the 30 hours work requirement.

I work Tuesday and Thursday at El Monte Hospital.  I plan to work there for a total of 150 hours.
The college courses require so many hours a week, which I will do on Monday and Wednesday.

(3) How does your independent study component relate to your EQ?  

El Monte Hospital does not have anybody who specializes in skin cancer.    I was not able to get in at a hospital with someone with that speciality because they told I needed to come to the last March orientation.  I have learned much about the atmosphere of a hospital and how to interact with patients who are scared. 

I am taking the Math and Biology courses because they are general education and they are required for me to major in a science field.   I think by taking the courses I will be more prepared for the more difficult courses I need to take in order to apply to medical school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment